17 February, 2009

Oklahoma Thunderstorm

I miss Oklahoma... strange as that may sound to some people Oklahoma has a beauty you don't fine many other places. One of the things I miss most is sitting out on our front porch watching a thunderstorm come rolling in. The lightning was spectacular! I also loved to be out there when it was raining.

I remember on many different occasions when I would drag my big yellow reclining chair or mattress out on the porch and fall asleep as the storms started bearing down on us. It was absolutely one of the most amazing and beautiful things anyone will ever experience! Plain rain is boring, Oklahoma rain is... spectacular!

The video I posted does not do it justice but it at least gives a foggy glimpse into it's beauty, complete with authentic bob white sounds! Oh the memories!

So... when I grow up I want to live in a place that has a beach on one said, mountains on the other and gets spectacular thunderstorms! Anyone know where I should move to? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates