15 February, 2009

Sundays are always such a good day

Hi guys

Sundays are always so amazing, they are for sure the most amazing day of the week.
I have so much on my heart right now, some of it is just absolutely wonderful and other things are terribly hard to handle. I can't say much now on the latter part but I will talk a little about this morning.

I have been thinking a lot on one question. A wise women once told me not to think about what a girl could bring to me when I get married, but what I could bring to the girl. That question has had me thinking a bit over it because it's easy to see why I want to get married but I was stumped about how I would benefit her. This question plus thinking about the fact that a relationship with God comes first and foremost and that relationship is what will cause my relationship between me and my wife to grow it finally hit me like a tone of bricks what the answer was!

Some of you may know there is a girl I really like (that whole interaction has been the hard part to deal with) and she is such an amazing and Godly girl I was not sure what I could possible bring! Then the answer came, the husband is to wash his wife in the word. Eureka! It makes sense to me now, it makes sense why it's critical for me to have my relationship between me and God right because I become responsible not only myself, but also for my wife. Now I know, perhaps the most important thing, what I can bring to her, and that is a Godly husband who leads her in the ways of God. It's not money or love or companionship or the like (although those are important) but rather being a spiritual leader. I have always know that but the reality hit me today and I now see goals to start striving for in preparing to be a man who is worthy of such an amazing girl!

I don't get why God is having me wait, and why it's for reasons that I don't think are even legit, but He sure is. Well it's perhaps the hardest thing for me to do but I am sure in the end it will be worth it and so much more. I feel like Jacob waiting for Rachel sometimes (a bit dramatic perhaps but I thought it a clever simile) :D

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates