20 February, 2009

what a fallen world

We live in a fallen world and its affects seem close to my heart right now.

There are a lot of things I don't write down because I don't think them best to be written. I once had a good friend, I might even say my best friend, I could share everything that was going on in my life with. I could finish this friends sentences off, knew what this friend was saying even when they said nothing just by the way they paused. This person was just about the most amazing person I have ever met and the fact that I can't talk to them has been hanging around my neck all day today.

We live in a fallen world, because of the curse we have friendships that are broken, relationships lost. We live in a fallen world and it's all around us and it touches us every day in the most painful of ways. My heart is heavy because of the suffering that sin causes.

We often just think of our sinful actions and how that can cause us consequences but have you ever looked at all the consequences that you live with day to day because of it? This friendship is one heavy on my heart today, not sure why but it is, something that was so sweet is gone and why? Because Christians don't agree on what the bible says so we fight over it and split over it and tell our kids not to "walk in the way of the sinner" i.e. the other christian we don't like. How this breaks my heart! "Blessed are they who dwell together in unity".

Dear reader I think sometimes we are blessed with how numb we are to it because even glimpses of it, the slightest reflection bouncing off a dimly lit surface causes my heart to weigh so heavy I think it will sink into the depths and never return.

How this must weigh on God's heart. He does not see it as in a reflection nor is He numb to it's existence but He sees every pain, every tear, every sorrow. How our Lord must weep at times because of this.

Dear reader, we live in a fallen world and its affects seem close to my heart right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates